|Concord Missionary Baptist Church
|Omaha, Morris County, Texas
On April 8, 1857, the deed for the land on which the Concord Church and the original cemetery is located was filed with the Morris County Clerk. The deed made by
Brinton Coffey “to the surrounding community” was found by Dee W. Tigert among old papers filed in the State Bank of Omaha. Mrs. Joe Richey, who worked in
Daingerfield at the time, had previously looked through the old records and had found no record of the deed. The deed was made before Morris became a separate
county from Titus, and although many records had been transferred from Titus to Morris, the deed from Brinton Coffey was not registered among them. Additional
land for the cemetery has been generously given by the James (Jim) Talley Family. Many pioneers are buried there.